Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Tip

Finally, I come across someone besides Henry Abbott who confirms what every fan watching Game 4 saw: "The Tip." As much as it pains me to link to a blog titled "Detroit Bad Boys," there's some good writing here, and they appear to have noticed something that eluded the ESPN.com recap writers, the Plain Dealer writers, and the four announcers watching the game.

Seriously, had LeBron missed his free throws, this could have been the most catastrophic thing to happen to the Cavs in years--even worse than the missed rebound in last year's Game 6 against the Pistons, even worse than Boozergate, even worse than Michael Redd deciding to stay in Wisconsin. Our superstar player tips in a shot that enables the Pistons to tie Game 4 and potentially go back to Detroit to close out the series? Yikes. I think I knocked my water glass over with my sigh of relief after LeBron hit those free throws instead of pulling a Gilbert at the line.

No comments: