Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Quick Thought

First of all, sorry for not posting more over the last few days--I was moving into a new apartment. I'll have more comprehensive thoughts on Games 1 and 2 tomorrow, but for now, I, the eternal pessimist, will leave you Cleveland fans with some positive chi to help you sleep tonight:

Last year, the Cavs looked completely overmatched in the Conference Finals against Detroit. They lost Game 1 by a score of 113-86. They were losing at halftime of Game 2 by a score of 52-36. In the fourth quarter, they made a furious comeback to get the game much closer than it should have been in terms of final score. The Cavs then went on to win three in a row.

Now, San Antonio is damn good. They're simply much better than we are. But, all I'm saying is, there's not yet cause to say all is lost. The Cavs could still make this series competitive at home and get back in this thing (lose in 6 or 7 instead of 4). Plus, we all know what happened the next year against the Pistons . . .

At least, that's what I'm telling myself to allow me to sleep tonight. More to come tomorrow.

No comments: